Welcome to the official blog of the Naval History and Heritage Command! Our mission is to collect, preserve, protect, and present the artifacts, art, and documents that best capture the Navy’s rich history and heritage.
Our blog is intended to spark conversation and discussion among our fans. We have more than 240 years of stories about our people, platforms, traditions, operations, and technological advances that will not only give you a glimpse into our past, but also connect you with the current, critical mission of today’s Sailors.
We hope you enjoy our content and engage with our posts often. While this is an open forum, it’s also a family friendly one, so please keep your comments clean. In addition, we ask that you follow our posting guidelines below. Reader-submitted comments must follow these guidelines:
- We do not allow profanity, racial, obscene, or sexist comments or submissions nor do we allow comments that are abusive, hateful, or intended to defame anyone or any organization.
- We do not allow solicitations or advertisements. This includes promotion or endorsement of any financial, commercial, or non-governmental agency. Similarly, we do not allow attempts to defame or defraud any financial, commercial, or non-governmental agency.
- We do not allow comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity.
- Apparent spam will be removed and may cause the author(s) to be blocked from the page without notice.
- You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username, and any information provided.
- For Official Use Only (FOUO), classified, pre-decisional, proprietary or business-sensitive information should never be discussed here. Don’t post personnel lists, rosters, organization charts or directories. This is a violation of privacy.
Comments are moderated to ensure this family-friendly atmosphere is maintained and generally approved within 72 hours of submission, although often much sooner. Comments are never edited prior to posting.
The appearance of external links on this site does not constitute official endorsement on behalf of the U.S. Navy or Department of Defense.
You are encouraged to quote, republish, or share any content on this page on your own blog, Web site, or other communication/publication. If you do so, as a courtesy please credit the command or the person who authored the content (names of individuals or organizations will appear in the post’s byline).
To contact the blog administrators, email NHHCPublicAffairs@navy.mil and include the following information in your message:
- Detailed description of your request
- Appropriate contact information so that we may respond to your message